Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Oh, my aching knees

High on the list of Things That Are Not Too Smart: quitting football because my knees can't take the pounding ... and starting karate instead. Heh. And ow.

On Monday, my instructor decided to give the group class a very intense workout. Then, yesterday, another serious workout in private class. I had to repeat one of the kempos I will do for my belt test fifty times, and fifty side kicks (while standing on the leg with the rebuilt knee) are more than enough to do me in. Monday I was in danger of puking. Tuesday I was in danger of collapse. Today I am walking ... barely ... more like lurching around. Wonder what class tonight will be like?

Mantras I repeat to myself: Hard work now pays off later. I can do more than I think I can. Just do it.

Where should I go riding this weekend? We've had a wee cooling spell, not in the 100's any more, but I am thinking it still would be nice to head for the mountains. Maybe Big Bear?

No comments: