Monday, May 19, 2008

The Grand Canyon in May

WOMAN ON THE EDGE!!! At Yavapai Point, Grand Canyon


Caught a couple of beeeyoootiful days in northern Arizona for WildWestFest '08 (the party formerly known as Ravenfest.) It was way too hot going there and coming back, but totally worth it!


I endured the Weekend of Cursed Cameras, in which I brought the big SLR cam with the fancypants new lens, and the compact flash card fried & would not work. I had forgotten to bring a spare or two, and the store in Williams did not have any. I grumped until I remembered that I had my spare little camera, a Nikon Coolpix, that I had bought with the express intent of taking pictures while riding (since you can sort of work it one-handed.) I took pictures with that until I ran out of battery, since I had forgotten to pack the charger for that one as well. LOL


The Coolpix takes pretty decent photos, hmm?


Eastbound on Hwy 64. Note the white waterspots on the mirror, left over from the Las Vegas-Paso Robles weekend :D


More photos here. (This is a Flickr set instead of KodakGallery.)

No comments: