Sunday, May 20, 2007

WWF Williams AZ

At the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. You like the artsy shot? ;)Just returned from WildWestFest, the RSBS Raven Clan's annual do. The location this year was Williams AZ, next to the Grand Canyon and surrounded by some of the state's finest riding. I had originally planned to be in Arizona from Thursday through Sunday; however, starting a new job at Kaiser cut short my vacation plans and I rode out to Williams on Friday instead. It was great to see my pals, some of whom I only see once or twice a year, and spend some time talking about everything and nothing over the requisite margaritas.

On Saturday, I ended up on my own. A lot of folks had done a Grand Canyon ride the day before and were heading south to the Sedona area. I sort of had my heart set on the South Rim, so that's where I went, riding solo. It was a MARVELOUS time. The weather could not have been finer, and I happily cruised Hwy 64, mainlining the heady scent of pinon pines warming in the sun. I stopped for photos. I stopped for a Navajo taco at a roadside stand. I stopped to take in the magnificence of this part of the country, and it couldn't have been a more wonderful day.

Jen and I rode home together on Sunday, and the bike is behaving badly. She'll stumble badly from a stop, especially if she's been running at high speeds for a while. This makes offramps quite challenging. I'll have to take apart the carburetor to see what the problem is.

No comments: